What is it?
Tobacco is used to deliver the highly addictive drug nicotine. Once your body gets a taste for nicotine, it can quickly become an addiction.
Nicotine is the main drug in all forms of tobacco. Nicotine acts as both a stimulant and a sedative. It is one of the most heavily used addictive drugs in the U.S.
How Can I Quit?
Resources & Links to get you started:
Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line
En español: 1-877-2NO-FUME (66-3863)
- First Breath Program
- Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention
- Office on Smoking and Health
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
- Clear Gains – Wisconsin Smoke-Free Housing Initiative
- Wisconsin Wins
- Southwest Alliance for Tobacco Prevention
Wisconsin workplaces are smoke-free. To Report a Violation click here.